As Featured On:
About the Author
Welcome! I'm so excited that my book How to Like Yourself is now available and has been released into the world, published by New Harbinger. It is a short, to-the-point, entertaining read that focuses on your relationship with the most important person in your life – you! I had a blast writing it and hope you get something out of it that can help you be whoever you want to be.
Why did I write this book? I began trying to put together some extra reading for students that I worked with in counselling as I tried to find a good book to refer them to. But as I was looking for a book on how to like yourself, I noticed something missing in the current self-help book selection – all the books that talk about this kind of stuff talked about LOVE. That's a big step to take when starting off any relationship. How to Like Yourself starts off where YOU start – at the beginning. Everyone knows that “like” comes before “love!” So I kept writing, and it eventually turned into a book, and I hope it helps people bridge the gap as they learn more about their relationship with themselves. As you read through it, you will learn about many of the most commonly misunderstood concepts in our modern world: forgiveness, confidence, rejection, and more. These building blocks are the keys to your relationship with yourself.
Besides writing, in my spare time I love spending time with my golden retriever/lab mix, Darwin. We rescued him as a puppy, and he just got a new sister this summer, another rescue puppy named Kiara, an Australian Shepherd and Keeshond mix who joined us at 3 months old in May 2016! Now, when I say "we rescued," I mean my husband Andrew and I. Andrew and I were married in the summer of 2013. He’s an amazing guy :) We met in high school and now live together near Waterdown, Ontario. I also spend time at the barn with my horse, Sunny, whenever I get a chance. On weekends and evenings, I love hanging out with friends and family, particularly when it involves sushi or nachos. I am also a mental health counsellor at the University of Guelph for four days during the week, and I previously worked as a counsellor at Sheridan College. I have a private practice for counselling, psychotherapy, and life coaching in Waterdown, Ontario, which you can learn more about here. I also wrote a second book (yay!), and am still working on edits right now. I look forward to getting it out there in the future.
Cheryl M. Bradshaw
P.S. Don't forget to check out my blog, including Surviving Self Help Books: 5 Tips!
In the News:
- BT Breakfast Television, Calgary - Interview, 3 minutes
- Global's The Morning Show - Interview, 3 mins
- CogecoTV @Home Clip 1 - Interview and conversation (part 1), 6 minutes
- CogecoTV @Home Clip 2 - Interview and conversation (part 2), 8 minutes
Radio and Podcasts
- CBC Radio Fresh Air - with Mary Ito, 13 mins
- Relationships 2.0 with Dr. Michelle Skeen, Radio/Podcast - 50 mins
- Youth Empowerment Podcast with Daniel Bielak - 31 minutes on SoundCloud
- PsychUP Podcast - with Dr. Suzanne Phillips, 55 minutes
- Today's Parent - How to help your kids like themselves more now
- The Hamilton Spectator (this article also featured on TheRecord.com and Guelph Mercury Tribune)
- The Flamborough Review - Interview and article (also featured in OurWindsor.ca)
- New Harbinger Blog - Creating Trust in the Process of Self-Esteem Work
- New Harbinger Blog - How to Tell If a Client Needs to Work on Her Relationship with Herself
- The Flamborough Review - Teens face unprecedented challenges, pressures due to social media, say Waterdown youth workers
- Bustle - 11 Habits of People in Healthy Relationships, According to Experts
- Wear Your Label - Blog Post 1 - How to Like Yourself, Q&A with Cheryl Bradshaw
- Wear Your Label - Blog Post 2 - Role Model, Cheryl Bradshaw
- OCC - Ontario College Counsellors - Book Release Announcement
- A Mighty Girl - New Release Round-up: 25 New Mighty Girl Books for Early Spring
- 6 Best YA Books of Summer 2016 - Foreword Reviews
- Publishers Weekly - Book Review
- School Library Journal - Book Review
- Foreword Review - Book Review